Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's a GIRL!!!

"God is giving us a girl!!! We didn't think that was part of The Plan here. Surprise!!" said Karen on Facebook a few days after finding out the gender of their child in utero.
The morning after they found out, their very committed family woke up extra early to hear the news via facetime.  Germany is 6-7 hours ahead of their American family members so everyone was up around 6:30 getting the news.
"I guessed boy." said Jay.  "Me too." said Ben.  "Grr" was Zan's guess.  They had each family member take a guess before they revealed the gender.  Morgan and Drew both guessed boy, and so did Sam and Robby.  Laura guessed girl!  
"Even though that last ultrasound at 15 weeks was extremely inconclusive (as all 15 week ultrasounds are), I did change my guess from 'boy' to 'girl' once I saw her in there," said Karen, "which was risky because we've got 3 boys and when I began to think it was a girl, my whole view of the future changed.  If it ended up being a boy, that view would have been crushed. Although I would have had 20 weeks to go back to that first future view of Zan with a little brother tagging along behind him.  Now I've got 20 weeks to imagine a girl surviving with her 3 big brothers!"

As far as names go, Shamus has already found the perfect name for his Italian-food-loving soul: Mary Nara.  "Are we going to call her Spaghetti as a nickname?" asked Karen.
"How about Mystique?  She's pretty cool.  She's a superhero," suggested Jay.  "We should name her Sara.  Daniel's sister is named Sara.  We love Sara," said Ben.  "Bibi" said Zan.  "I've got a few names that I really like but I won't be telling anyone besides Shamus anytime soon.  Plus, I've got a sister-in-law who is due before us and I definitely want to run the names by her first!  I wouldn't want to steal a name from them!"  said Karen.  Shamus and Karen like using family names.  "But we won't actually be naming our baby Marinara.  Or any other spelling of those sounds.  For the record."


No comments:

Post a Comment